Second Round Mock
- Cleveland Browns: Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
They need to find a replacement for Joe Thomas and Brown can be that guy.
- New York Giants: Harold Landry OLB Boston College
I think Chubb was definitely in play, but Landry will fit their new 3-4 front moving forward.
- Cleveland Browns: Derrius Guice RB LSU
If he were a quarterback his odd made up story from the Combine would hurt him, but I think he still goes early in the 2nd round.
- Indianapolis Colts: Sam Hubbard DE/OLB Ohio St
The Colts could use some pass rushing talent and if Chubb slid to them I am sure they would have taken him.
- Indianapolis Colts: Josh Jackson CB Iowa
Jackson could have easily been a first rounder and the Colts could take a shot on him playing him with last year's solid find Quincy Wilson.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Carlton Davis CB Auburn
If Denzel Ward was there I think they would have gone corner, but they were smart to accrue more picks instead and landed a solid tackle in Vea. They can now go towards a solid corner like Davis here who is a change up from the smaller Hargreaves who has been terrible.
- Chicago Bears: Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia
I think they will probably move down to get a 3rd rounder. However, if they stay here a new edge rusher across from Floyd is still needed and why not take another former Bulldog to add to the defense.
- Denver Broncos: Will Hernandez OG UTEP
I think he could have easily gone as high as the teens, but some how fell. The Broncos could use him after passing on Quenton Nelson to sure up the o-line.
- Oakland Raiders: Darius Leonard LB South Carolina St
If Roquan Smith was still on the board I think he would have been the pick. With a run on linebackers happening I think Leonard will go higher than people expect from a small school backer.
- Miami Dolphins: Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma St
I think there is going to be a team to move up to take Rudolph since he is the best among the second tier guys. The Dolphins saw division rivals get Darnold and Allen so to keep up they need to get their possible future starter in Rudolph.
- New England Patriots: Uchenna Nwosu OLB USC
There are rumblings that Nwosu is going to go higher than expected. The Patriots could still use a pass rusher.
- Washington Redskins: James Daniels C Iowa
Daniels slid a bit due to knee concerns, but getting a possible perennial Pro Bowler here in the second round is too good to pass on.
- Green Bay Packers: Ronnie Harrison S Alabama
I think Harrison can be a steal here like Landon Collins was a few drafts ago.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Courtland Sutton WR SMU
Oddly enough the Bengals are in the same spot as the Falcons are with Julio Jones needing a proper compliment on the other side. Sutton can be a nice steal here.
- Arizona Cardinals: Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado
Patrick Peterson has never had a proper compliment across from him. Oliver can possibly be that guy.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
People know they want Mason Rudolph so I expect people to jump over them. Instead, they can continue to bolster their defense.
- Indianapolis Colts: Ronald Jones RB USC
They need a running back desperately and with their mass of picks they can have their pick of a solid one here.
- Dallas Cowboys: Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota St
In the wake of the Jason Witten news I am sure they will get happy feet and take the top tight end available. Goedert is a hot name and being named Dallas will only work even better in Dallas.
- Detroit Lions: Da\'Shawn Hand DE Alabama
The Lions could have used an edge rusher, but took one of my favorite players in Frank Ragnow instead. A little sooner than I think he should, but still a possible solid pick. Instead, they can take Hand a guy who can probably be versatile enough to fit in Matt Patricia's defense.
- Philadelphia Eagles: Donte Jackson CB LSU
The Eagles had to trade down since they were not going to get a starter with their 32nd pick. Now they can take the best player on their board and it could be Jackson at corner with their need there.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn
In a running back loaded class there seems to be a bunch of teams with twitchy fingers to take them early. Bucs need a back and Johnson or whoever is on top of their board could be the pick.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Dorance Armstrong OLB Kansas
The Chiefs need a new edge rusher with Dee Ford's and Justin Houston's health in question every season. Armstrong is my sleeper stud in the second round who can pop.
- Carolina Panthers: Rasheem Green DL USC
I think they should have gone edge rusher in the first round. They can still get a nice prospect like Green here.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Justin Reid S Stanford
They could have gone Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick and it would have made a lot of sense. Reid here is a nice fit and a high floor player who can play right away.
- Tennessee Titans: Arden Key OLB LSU
Key slides due to off field concerns, but he looks like a perfect fit in Mike Vrabel's defense. This could be a good spot for him to learn from a great pro in Brian Orakpo.
- Atlanta Falcons: Tim Settle DT Virginia Tech
The Falcons could have very easily gone with Taven Bryan in the first round, but this is a good class for interior d-linemen. They can get a guy like Settle who will fit what they want to do upfront.
- San Francisco 49ers: Deon Cain WR Clemson
The 49ers I think would have thought about taking Courtland Sutton at pick #9 so a receiver is probably in play here in the 2nd round. Cain is a solid pick, but there are number of pass catchers that make sense here.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M
The Steelers smartly moved on from Martavis Bryant and can now use a new third option to keep the beat of the offense going. Kirk can be another second round hard working steal for them here in the slot.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Mike Gesicki TE Penn St
A new tight end is needed and I am sure Hayden Hurst would have been in play in the first round. Gesicki is a big red zone target who can help out in the middle of the field.
- Minnesota Vikings: Connor Williams OL Texas
A new interior blocker could be in play here. Williams has a ton of potential and a year of development will do him good. The Vikings solid roster can afford him that time.
- New England Patriots: Anthony Averett CB Alabama
Bill Belichick loves former Alabama players and he needs a new corner. This pick just makes too much sense for them.
- Cleveland Browns: Jessie Bates S Wake Forest
They can use a new safety to pair with Jabrill Peppers who is just good in the box thus far in his career. Bates might be too tall and long though for their liking since they seem to enjoy shorter players thus far in the draft. I think he is a great player potentially as a young building block.